OFFICIAL LITHUANIAN ENTRY TO THE 92st ACADEMY AWARDS FOR THE BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM AND BEST DOCUMENTARY
“We film the earth, but we remember that heaven is above us." – Herz Frank
“Bridges of Time"
Documentary, 78', Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia, 2018
Kristīne Briede and Audrius Stonys’s meditative documentary essay portrays the less-remembered generation of cinema poets of the Baltic New Wave. With finesse, they push beyond the barriers of the common historiographic investigation in order to achieve a consummate poetic treatment of the ontology of documentary creation.
“Bridges of Time" is a cinematic poem about cinema poets.
- Directors: Audrius Stonys (Lithuania), Kristine Briede (Latvia)
- Producers: Arūnas Matelis (Lithuania), Algimantė Matelienė (Lithuania), Uldis Cekulis (Latvia)
- Writers: Kristine Briede (Latvia), Audrius Stonys (Lithuania), Ramunė Rakauskaitė (Lithuania), Arūnas Matelis (Lithuania), Riho Vastrik (Estonia)
- Film Editors: Kostas Radlinskas (Lithuania), Andra Doršs (Latvia)
- Directors of Photography: Audrius Kemežys (Lithuania), Valdis Celmins (Latvia), Joosep Matjus (Estonia), Janis Šenbergs (Latvia), Laisvūnas Karvelis (Lithuania)
- Music Composer: Giedrius Puskunigis (Lithuania)
- Sound Mixer: Artis Dukalskis (Latvia)
Bernardo Bertolucci about poetic cinema
A talk with the creators of “Bridges of Time"